A/ PASSAGE PLAN. WESTPORT, IRELAND TO ILULISSAT, GREENLAND
· Passage Charts 1904, 4000
· Take 5-day Forecast for Eastern Atlantic and Ice-Report for South Greenland.
· Depart Westport Quay PM Saturday June 23rd, 2001 (H.W. 19.00Hrs).
· Bound Cape Farewell (30 miles south of, to clear ice).
W.P. 59º 20 N 44º 00 W Distance 1171 Miles
· At 38º W. radio IceCentral Greenland for Ice Report. Alter course as necessary.
Follow ‘storis’ ice-edge until break though to the shore-lead is feasible, landing at Nanortalik at earliest.
Or Nuuk at the latest.
· Earliest Landfall 10 day passage arriving July 3rd.
Latest Landfall 16 day passage arriving July 9th.
(Saint Patrick’ took 21 days, in 1993 from Baltimore-Nuuk with 90 mile gale-driven set-back and no engine for the last week).
· Some Places and Distances:
Nanortalik - Nuuk 350 miles
Nuuk - Manitsoq
- Ilulissat 400 miles
· Greenland Cruising at easy average of about 40 miles/day.
Arriving Ilulissat Friday July 20th.
Crew change. Pat R. / Harry C. / John C. away / John Murray Arriving
Change propellers (from 2 bladed to 3 bladed for better maneuverability in ice).
Designed, Developed and Sponsored by- The Internet Business